Youth Prayer Conference Trip Part 1

On 11th March 2008, this day is another waste of time. Really tested my patience. Only 2 people from my church went for this youth prayer conference in Ipoh. So I'll just post bout the experience going to Ipoh 1st. It's another very very long story.

On the 11th March morning, me and my friend boarded a 9am bus. I think I shall not name the bus company. So on we go. I'm kinda got used to travel so it wasn't much problem for me.

When we reached KL, I thought some people wanna go down from there, mana tau, got 1 guy came up and said those going to Ipoh and Lumut must go down. Ok lor. Go down and get the bags then go into the most-hectic-bus-station-you'll-ever-see. So went to the platform the guy wrote on the ticket. So we waited.

Waited we did but for 1 and a half hours. Imagine waiting for a bus in Puduraya(don't care bout the spelling), where all the buses are - underground. With all the carbon monoxide that I have to breathe for 1 and a half hours. That's not the end of the trip yet.

After all the waiting, finally can board the bus. Relieve a bit but still the trip is not over and we're suppose to reach Ipoh by 5pm. So off we go from Puduraya.

Travel using the north-south highway. Suddenly, half way in the journey, got a loud blast, like tyre puncture. So the bus driver stopped at the side and check. Nothing was wrong. Continued with the journey. All of a sudden the bus skidded and hit to the middle divider. Everybody was like what happen??!! The bus driver said must be the wind. Too strong dy and the bus is light, so skidded. But this happen not only once, but
twice. Twice is not a coincidence. This time the bus driver scared dy, coz no play play man, got so many people in the bus.

So this time got 1 person drives lorry, so asked the bus driver to drive slowly. the speed of the bus I estimated was 30-50 km/h. So slow and still got 110km to go. On top of that it's already 4.30pm that time. Estimated to reached Ipoh 5pm, but at that time can't really tell what time will reach. Every ounce of my patience were being drawn out. In between stopped quite a number of times. Man, dah la so slow, still wanna stop and makan.

light before the petrol station. So Then reached to this bus station. I didn't know that that's the bus station we were suppose to stop. Coz the bus driver say change bus. It was my 1st time sitting bus to Ipoh. So follow nylor. Then the bus is going to Lumut, further away. All the while the camp coordinator, Elaine was like calling and asking for our status. So She called and I told her where we were and stuff. Then we stopped at the nearest petrol station and waited for her. It was 8.30pm by then. Elaine called and said that she is driving a white proton saga. Man, there was a trafficevery time when the cars pass by, I look for the white proton saga. At that time I'm practically like a mad person.. Finally when my watch showed 8.40pm, the white proton saga came. waa... so happy dy. Finally can get into a car and for sure no more road 'hiccups'

Elaine drove very fast. haha... anyway, I was deprive of speed dy after sat in the bus so almost the whole day.

Finally reached YMCA at 9.10pm. Kuantan is famous for reaching the camp site late. It happen before that we reached late in YLDP 3,4 years ago. Not only reached late but also miss the bus during YLDP time.

Still got part 2 for this trip. Continue in the next blog.

Comments

  1. wahh... arrive so late aarr!

    ish ish! i want tooo gooo! haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment